By now you are probably a little ‘taaad’ and in need of a Back-To-School Pep talk, a lil’ pep in your step, something?! My Mrs. Cr8 magical teaching wand is out and I’m here to encourage you with 8 Mommy & Me Things for Back-To-School!
You’ve gotten those “chiren” together, but what about YOU?! (If you did not read that in a Beyonce voice, go back and read it again.)
If you’re like me, sometimes it just doesn’t add up. It’s time to add you to the equation too!
Here are 8 JoyFULL Things for Back-To-School:
If this doesn’t apply to you, please share this post with someone who needs it! Even if you don’t have children, I think there’s still something in this post for you. Keep reading. 🙂
4 the Children
- Ticonderoga Pencils: All other pencils just can’t compare. Ticonderogas sharpen to the bitter end. Nobody has time to be stressed over pencils. Skip the cheapies. You get what you pay for. The end.
- Timer: Let the timer be the bad guy! Tis’ the season to re-establish rhythms and routines. A timer can help with those phone and iPad boundaries. A timer can help you stick to your guns about how long the children can play video games. I love to use timers to keep homework and chores from dragging on.
- The School Binder: All the paper, from all the schools, can be terribly overwhelming. Use a binder with pocket dividers and sleeves to organize everything in one place. Listen to this 3 minute podcast that walks you through how to organize your own School Binder. Or, if you prefer to read how you can make one, check out this blog post.
- Post It Note To Do Lists: Use Post-It notes to write mini To Do Lists for the kids. If they are non-readers, you can draw simple pictures. Post the notes in the main hub or where the action needs to take place. Little notes are a great way to help your child stay on track without turning you into a nagging broken record. Write encouraging words, affirmations, and lots of xoxo’s + hearts.
4 the Mommy
- Sweatshirt Dresses: Sweatshirt dresses are everything! Don’t let the the dress have pockets too?! Sweatshirt dresses are the perfect B2S Mom Uni (uniform). The end.
- Mommy Snacks: The children have snacks on snacks. But what about you? Where are your work, car/pick up line, around the house snacks? Let me be clear here, you need two kinds of snacks. Healthy snacks to munch on AND a secret Mommy treat snack (for THOSE days). I got my healthy-ish treats this month from my therapist, Homegoods- Plantain Chips + Apple Chips. My guilty secret pleasure are Reeses Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Thins. They come individually wrapped. I find mine
every time I go to Dollar General Shhhhh!from Dollar General.
- Candle for the kitchen: There’s nothing like a fresh candle in a clean kitchen. Need some motivation to fold laundry? Light a candle. Need to unwind? Light a candle. Are the kids too hype and need to take it down a notch? Dim the lights, turn on some smooth jazz, and light a candle. Sometimes the answer is as simple as lighting a candle.
- Fall Nail Polish: Whether you get your nails done at a shop or paint them at home, try a new jazzy color to bring in the new season. (Yes, I said JAZZY.).
If you enjoyed the style of this post, be sure to sign up for the newsletter. The Joy Note brings 8 JoyFULL things to your inbox on the 8th of every month! You can subscribe at the top of the page.
What’s filling you with joy this back-to-school season?
If you don’t know, it’s time to take a beat to figure it out.
You’ve got this Mommy!